by Brandi Ziegler
Deciding on a first-blog-post-ever! topic was a confounding challenge for me. Then I realized it was January 2011 and I ought to post my goals for the year.
1. Sign with a literary agency. I have my agent list. My query has been brutally critiqued and tweaked to near perfection. My MS (ELEMENTAL SACRIFICES: THE GATHERING) is awaiting its time to shine. I’m getting an agent this year. So there.
2. Focus on LFP. LEAST FAVORITE PLACE is a YA contemporary I trunked a few months ago. I want to polish it up while outlining this other story that’s been in my head for months.
3. Write next book after it’s outlined. I’m really excited about this next project and I’m totally ready to dive in.
4. Be consistent with this blog. If not it’ll be an epic fail. I’m up for the challenge, and that way I have a solid regimen of writing practice.
5. Accomplish one non-writing goal. I have too many to name, but I have a few top contenders. I’ll let you know at the end of this year cause I plan to rock #4.
To me there’s a difference between goals and deadlines. Goals are motivating – deadlines make me nauseous. Happy 2011, everyone. I wish you all the best. J