by Brandi Ziegler
The scariest moment is always just before you start.
~ Stephen King
Hope your summers were well and you remembered to set your clocks backwards on Sunday.
The leaves are turning and I can finally wear socks and scarves. My favorite time of the year!
I love November! It’s such a creative month for me. I’ve tried NaNoWriMo for years. Never won. But my yearly attempts have made this time of year my plotting/new story drafting season. So although I won’t be participating in NaNoWriMo (good luck and happy/timely writing to all who do!), I’m plotting and drafting scenes for my newest WIP. It’s been glorious.
I haven’t posted in a while. A few updates:
- I am officially a mother of two: a boy and a girl! A toddler and a newborn. Yes, I’m crazy.
- I’ve been reading up a storm! Apologies for lack of rec posts. A quick list of recent reads:
- Queen of Shadows by S. J. Maas
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Lock & Mori by Heather Petty
- Deviate by Tracy Clark
- Drawn by Christ Ledbetter
- Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers
- Four by Veronica Roth
Currently reading Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy because I don’t have enough YA contemporary in my life.
- I’m featured over on DiversifYA.com today! Thanks to my amazing 2014 #PitchWars mentor, Marieke Nijkamp, whose fantastic debut THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS is out in January 2016. I’m absolutely thrilled for her!
I forgot how nice it is to type. I’ve been brainstorming longhand whenever I have a free moment. As I draft this blog, I’m balancing my cooing newborn on my lap. Do whatcha gotta do, man.
May the rest of the year be months of many words, new and polished. Via writing and all the books.